|COULD YOUR TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS USE
By Jan Yager, Ph.D.*
TAKE THIS SELF-QUIZ AND FIND OUT
|*Excerpted and adapted from Creative Time Management for the New
Millennium by time management consultant and author Dr. Jan
Yager, page 3 (Hannacroix Creek Books, 1999; $14.95 paperback; $28.95
hardcover, available at local or online bookstores or directly from the
publisher through Book Clearing House, toll-free, 800-431-1579. Reprinted with
permission of Hannacroix Creek Books (URL: www.Hannacroix.com)
To help you determine just how productive you really are, take this five-question self-evaluation. On a piece of paper, or on your computer, answer each question with a yes, no, or sometimes:
1. Do you make a conscientious effort to separate urgent matters from other demands?
2. Do you take the time to do enough background research so you can make the best possible decisions?
3. Do you allocate at least one hour each day for uninterrupted time for thinking, reading, planning, or creative work?
4. Do you spend sufficient time developing and maintaining business and personal relationships?
5. Do you work hard to do your best--rather than measuring yourself by a standard equated with unattainable perfection?
If you answered yes to all five questions, at least on these five issues your time management skills are excellent.
If you answered no or sometimes to one or more questions, you will benefit by improving your time management skills.
You may already suspect that how you handle your time could be enhanced since you are probably more stressed than you would like to be, busier than usual though getting less done, or finding yoruself saying, more and more often, "I just don't have the time."
Read Creative Time Management for the New Millennium. You will find knowledge, skills, and help in those pages to give you the competitive edge, and peace of mind, that creative time management provides.
Available at all local or online booksellers or from Book Clearinghouse: 800-431-1579.(Signed author copies are available from Book Clearinghouse.)